How to contact your local policing team
Telephone: 999 in an emergency, for non-urgent matters you can call 101.
To avoid waiting on the telephone, we recommend making use of our online system, it's quick and easy, and has lots of useful advice which may answer your query, you can report online in the following ways:
Crimes and Incidents: www.northants.police.uk – click the report button.
Give Information: www.northants.police.uk/contact/cubp/northants/tell-us-about-something-youve-seen-or-heard/
Or Anonymously at:
www.crimestoppers-uk.org/ or by telephone 0800 555 111.
For Thanks and Complaints:
Sign up to Neighbourhood Alert: https://www.northants.police.uk/advice/advice-and-information/wsi/watch-schemes-initiatives/as/northants/neighbourhood-alert/
Finally you can email us at: NeighbourhoodTeamNorthampton@northants.pnn.police.uk, however this is not an appropriate method to report crimes as it is not monitored 24/7.
Anti-social behaviour isn't only caused by 'young people' – if you are affected, please do let us know.
Anti-social behaviour includes but is not limited to:
- Disruptive, noisy behaviour in otherwise quiet neighbourhoods.
- Night time noise from houses or gardens, especially between 11pm & 7am.
- Threatening, drunken or 'yobbish' behaviour.
- Vandalism, graffiti and fly-posting.
- Dealing or buying drugs on the street.
- Litter and fly-tipping rubbish.
- Aggressive begging.
- Drinking in the street.
- Setting off fireworks late at night.
- Abandoning cars on the street.
General parking issues were decriminalised some years ago. All but obstruction offences are now dealt with by the West Northamptonshire Council – please visit their website for further guidance or advice